I hope you do enjoy this free blog. I only ask one thing from you in return, click in one of the ads

Tuesday 7 April 2015

Welcome to Malta - a dashboard in Excel about this beautiful island

Hello everyone. I guess most of you do not know that I live in Malta. I live in this beautiful island since September 2014. To celebrate my adventure and try to convince my friends to come and visit, I have created a dashboard in Excel about the island. The dashboard runs smoothly in Excel 2007, 2010 and 2013. Other versions have not been tested.






And what is a dashboard?



A dashboard is a visual representation that allows users to obtain high-level overview of a subject and help them make quick decisions. You can create dashboards using a lot of tools. However, in my opinion, Microsoft Excel is an excellent choice for the creation and distribution of these, due to its ease of use and universal availability.



Elements of the dashboard on Malta


For this dashboard in particular, the main objectives are:

  • display points of the island, with photo and description of the location and other important details



  • display them in ranking mode, so that users control what they see


  • possibility to change the language to Spanish with a simple click

  • option to see 4 different rankings with a single click





Well, there it is. Download the dashboard and see how it works, and see if it convinces you to come to the island. Hope you like it!


Download the dashboard

To download the dashboard file click on the following link:


The dashboard file comes in protected format, however you are able to use it. If you want to receive the file unprotected so that you are able to check how it has been built, please send me a donation (minimum £5 please) in appreciation of my work and effort. To do this click on the following link and make your donation. Once the donation has been received I will then send you an email with the unprotected file.

                                                           

Subscribe and get all entries via email


You can do it by providing your email into "Join the newsletter" box in the right sidebar.


Or follow me via Social Media

FacebookTwitter and Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment