I hope you do enjoy this free blog. I only ask one thing from you in return, click in one of the ads

Monday 20 April 2015

The Excel dashboard about Real Madrid Tenth Champions League win 2013/14

Hello Excel fans. Today I would like to mix two of my passions. As you all know I love Excel, but I also love football and am a supporter of Real Madrid. Although it is best to have the full story so that everybody understands. My whole family are Atletico Madrid supporters, in fact I was born as an Atletico fan and I remember going to the Vicente Calderon when I was little, but when I was 5 years or so I changed my team and I became a fan of Real. Why? Because my favourite player was playing for Atletico and then he signed for Real, and I followed him.......   Who is he? The incredible Hugo Sanchez. I was so passionate about how he played and his somersaults as goal celebration, and besides, I also played football with the number 9. Anyway, so today I consider myself a fan of Real Madrid but I still have much appreciation to Atletico. So, back to Excel, I have decided to create a small tribute to Real Madrid for the achievement of the Champions League win last year: the Tenth European Cup, and everything will be done in Excel. So even if you are not Real Madrid supporter or do not even like football, check the dashboard and I am sure you will find it interesting.

First let's see how it looks:





Elements of the Real Madrid dashboard


All data used in the dashboard comes from uefa.com.

For this particular dashboard, the main objectives are:


  • show overall statistics of Real Madrid during the Champions League 2013/14

  • have the option to display the information in English and Spanish

  • using a scroll bar that allows to see the official stats and match details of each of the matches that Real Madrid played in the competition


  • choose any player in the squad to view the player statistics on the selected match
Cristiano statistics in victory against Bayern 
Munich  in the second leg of the semifinals


  • see the best players of Real Madrid in the competition in each of the disciplines, highlighting the chosen player above






The full view of the dashboard looks like this:




Well, there you have it. Please download the Real Madrid Excel dashboard and see how it works, and please leave me a comment with your opinion/suggestion.




Download the dashboard

To download the dashboard file click on the following link:


To fully enjoy the dashboard I suggest to go to the View Menu, and untick Formula Bar, Gridlines and Headings (you can always add them back later on). Also for better visualisation click CTRL + F1 to hide the Ribbon and maximise your screen.

The dashboard file comes in protected format, however you are able to use it. If you want to receive the file unprotected so that you are able to check how it has been built, please send me a donation (minimum £5 please) in appreciation of my work and effort. To do this click on the following link and make your donation. Once the donation has been received I will then send you an email with the unprotected file.


                                                           


Check other examples of dashboards


Click here for dashboard examples.

Subscribe and get all entries via email


You can do it by providing your email into "Join the newsletter" box in the right sidebar.


Or follow me via Social Media



No comments:

Post a Comment