I hope you do enjoy this free blog. I only ask one thing from you in return, click in one of the ads

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Filtering PivotTables

Let's see how PivotTables are filtered



There are 2 possibilities to filter PivotTables:



1. Filter on a value of a variable that has been selected in the Filter field



In our previous example (I recommend reading this post), we had the following:




With the following result:



As the variable Product was chosen in the Filters box, you can now filter the table by product by selecting one of them in the drop-down list. In my example I am filtering it for Product 2.



We can now easily see the net sales of product 2 by region & salesperson.



2. Filter by a variable selected in columns or rows


In my example above, we will filter out the PivotTable by the salesperson Pablo, and by the South region.

To do this I click the arrow beside Column Labels and select Pablo, and the arrow next to Row Labels and select South.


The result is as follows:






No comments:

Post a Comment